Thursday, January 26, 2006

Pu-239 and Other Russian Fantasies


A friend who plays in a Russian criminal band, emailed me saying he enjoyed the Mexican 'La Cervecita' joke on this blog (scroll down to find it). I asked for something alike, from Russia:

"Little Ivan comes home and asks his Mum: "Am I Russian or Jewish?"
"What! Why do you ask?"
"I'm feeling very confused. Igor next door got a new bike for his birthday, and I can't decide whether to bargain with him, buy it from him, and then sell it for a profit; or just steal it and break it."

For an illuminating look at the apparent Russian attitude towards capitalism, read a story called 'Salt' in Pu-239 and Other Russian Fantasies by Ken Kalfus.

1 Comments:

At 4:19 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Moses!
Spot on with the comparison with "Salt".
So far, I've also particularly enjoyed "Anzhelika, 13" from that book.
Cheers.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home